At present, the main terpenoids isolated and identified from Schisandra are β-sitosterol, betulinic acid, glyceryl pentanoic acid, and oleanolic acid. Schisandra contains some flavonoids, including rutin, isoquercitrin, quercetin, quercetin, quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucoside, and quercetin-3-O-β-D -Xylopyranoside, apigenin, apigenin-7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, isorhamnetin-3-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, genistein-7-O -β-D-glucopyranoside, catechin-7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, hyperoside, quercetin-3-O-glucose, quercetin-3-O- Xylose. The polysaccharide content of Schisandra is 85.56%, and its polysaccharide component includes rhamnose, glucose, arabinose, galactose and so on.
Schisandra is warm in nature, sour and sweet in taste, Guixin, Lung, and Kidney Meridians. It has the functions of nourishing the kidney, calming the heart, promoting body fluids and quenching thirst, astringent and astringent. It is widely used in central nervous, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine and other Systems.
The main pharmacological effects of Schisandra extract:
- Heart-strengthening and excitatory respiration. Experiments show that Schisandra has a respiration excitatory effect on rabbits and dogs, which can deepen and speed up the breathing, and can resist the respiration inhibitory effect.
- Hepatoprotective effect. The extract of odorless seeds has obvious protective effect on animal liver cell damage caused by chemical poisons. It can inhibit the release of transaminase and reduce the activity of alanine aminotransferase.
- Promote metabolism, increase the body’s immune function and the body’s defense capabilities. Schisandra polysaccharide can also improve the body’s immunity, increase the body’s resistance to harmful stimuli, and reduce body damage.
- Anti-oxidation and anti-aging effects. Both schisandrin B and schisandrin have antioxidant effects, which can scavenge free radicals and inhibit the formation of lipid peroxides. Schisandra can reduce serum cholesterol, increase
protein content in brain and liver, and have anti-aging effects.
- It has inhibitory effect on a variety of germs. The alcohol extract of Schisandra has an inhibitory effect on Shigella, Typhoid bacillus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and has an inhibitory effect on intestinal pathogens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Rainwood BIO-committed to plant extract research and development, has more than 15 years experience, certified with ISO9001, ISO22000, KOSHER, HALAL, ORGANIC CERTIFICATE. You will get the cheapest price and best quality from us. Welcome for your inquiry.
Application of schisandra extract in animal husbandry:
- Application in layer production
The schisandra alcohol, vitamin C, and vitamin E of the Schisandra chinensis Institute can excite breathing, excite uterine smooth muscle, protect the liver and detoxify, promote liver glycogen decomposition, anti-stress, increase appetite and adrenaline-like effects, can improve metabolic efficiency, promote follicular development and Ovulate and lay eggs.
- Application in broiler production
First, Schisandra can significantly improve the performance of broiler chickens. Adding Schisandra extract to the diet of broilers can effectively improve the performance of broilers. Compared with feed without Schisandra, the weight of broilers can be increased.
Second, improve the intestinal microbial environment, enhance the body’s immunity, and have antiviral effects. Adding Schisandra extract to the diet can reduce the number of Escherichia coli in the cecum and facilitate the proliferation of Lactobacillus in the cecum. At the same time, it can effectively prevent broiler chickens from diarrhea, improve the health of broiler chickens, and have the effect of disease prevention and disease resistance.
Third, enhance the antioxidant effect of broilers. Schisandra phenol, the active ingredient of schisandra, has strong antioxidant activity. Its antioxidant performance is stronger than vitamin E, and it can effectively inhibit the production of malondialdehyde caused by free radicals and reduce lipids. Damage to cells caused by peroxides.
- Application in pig production
Adding Schisandra extract to the piglet’s diet can significantly increase the activity of superoxide dismutase and total antioxidant capacity in the serum or tissues, and can significantly reduce the content of malondialdehyde in the serum, liver and heart, which is useful for improving piglets. The ability of the central nervous system, cardiovascular system and blood circulation to enhance anti-oxidation plays an important role.
- Application in aquatic animals
Schisandra affects the water quality of aquaculture water bodies. To a certain extent, it can speed up the metabolism of koi carp, inhibit the metabolic growth of microorganisms, and can significantly reduce the rate of microbial metabolism in water to produce ammonia nitrogen.